August 27, 2012
If you know that many of your single friends would be really uncomfortable with the bridal bouquet thing, (forget about your hubby’s search for your garter), which can be boring, annoying and embarrassing, you might consider the following alternatives:
1) Make your “Bouquet toss” a “Thank you bouquet”, with gift cards for dinner for two as a date night for the couple, candy or other interesting treats. Now the bouquet toss is open to all the ladies – single or married.
2) Plan a “Bouquet Presentation” and give the bridal bouquet to the couple who have been married the longest. Then ask them for their advice for a successful marriage.
3) Have an “Anniversary Dance” and get all the couples on the dance floor, and start asking the married couples how long they’ve been married. The last couple standing gets the bouquet. That way, all your guests are up dancing.
4) Consider placing your flowers on a loved one’s grave, someone who you would have wanted at your wedding and would have wanted to be at your celebration.
5) Present a bouquet to the mothers of the Bride and the Groom. They would be delighted when the bouquets are presented as a token of appreciation. If this is your plan, surprise your mothers and don’t let them in on your secret.
Depending on your friends and guests, the tradition of the bridal bouquet can be a fun part of the evening. That said, the decision to toss or not to toss is up to you – after all it is your wedding celebration!
Follow along at our blog. We post lots of content that will help you create your perfect, hopefully stress-free, wedding day.
Go, check out our Tips and Suggestions and we’ll catch up with you next time!