A little about Mike …
- My name is Mike Van Slingerland and I love working with couples to help design the perfect wedding ceremony.
- I have been performing wedding ceremonies for 25 years.
My Personal Story:
- Born and raised in Mississauga, Ontario
- Attended elementary, high school in Mississauga.
- Attended Master’s College and Seminary, & Calvin College.
- I have an Hon. BA. in Theology, and a MA. in Education.
- Hold several trainer certificates in counseling and behavioral management.
- I am of Dutch and English heritage.
- I am married to my best friend – the most amazing and gifted woman in the world – Mary-Anne.
- We have one son Connor, and four teenage foster kids.
My Life Experiences:
- Educator and Not-For-Profit Professional.
- Served as National Director for North America’s Premier Home for troubled teens, Freedom Village.
- Widely known for my extensive work with troubled teens.
- Serve on several Boards of Non-profit organizations in the community.
- Started Prime-Time Youth Ministries, a community youth initiative in the GTA.
- Traveled as a motivational speaker all over North America and the world.
My Interests and Passions:
- My favorite sports: Mixed Martial Arts, wrestling
- My favorite interests: Auto Racing, fishing, and travelling
- My favorite things to do: Spend time with my son Connor
- My favorite music: Alternative Rock
- My favorite foods: Everything, can’t you tell.
What couples say about Mike…
Mike and Enduring Promises truly deserve perfect ratings across the board. He was kind, professional, and presided over our ceremony with aplomb.
He helped us create a ceremony that was fun and personal and possibly even sentimental. He also put us at ease about the technical aspects that we were unsure of at the start. We had tons of compliments about our ceremony, and it wouldn’t have been possible without Mike.
We’ve already recommended him to another couple, and will continue to sing his praises, and those of Enduring Promises, to anyone getting married in the future.
Coralee and Blake
Mike from Enduring Promises was our officiant and right from our first meeting knew he was the best. He immediately gave us information and all the while asking the right questions to find out what our vision of our ceremony would be. All questions were answered in a straight forward way.
Once began creating our ceremony on the Console (which is so thoughtfully designed) we were able to see examples and customize our entire wedding ceremony. Mike guided us throughout the finalization of every little detail. Details that we didn’t think of and that didn’t think an officiant would think of to care about. You’ll discover this once you meet him.
After our beautiful and up beat ceremony we had such great feedback from our guests that our Officiant Mike was wonderful, fun, clear & overall made sure everyone was having a good time.
Thank you Mike and Enduring Promises for making the planning and execution side of things so easy and really delivering the day of.
Leigh and Derek
We contacted Enduring Promises based on a recommendation from a personal friend. They sent us the profile of two officiants that were available on our date and from that we decided to meet Mike.
We knew that Mike was the right man for our wedding after one meeting. He was professional, honest, had a ton of experience and is such a genuinely nice person. Mike helped us to plan out the details of our ceremony, offered suggestions for neat things we could do (we chose a wine ceremony that our guest really enjoyed) and helped to make sure the timing of the ceremony was perfect. We asked that it be light and happy and he assured us that we wouldn’t have to worry about a thing once we got there.
Needless to say, our ceremony was absolutely PERFECT!! As my dad and I stood outside waiting to walk down the aisle, you could hear the whole room cheer for us – such an incredible feeling! – and once we entered it was smooth sailing from there.
Mike gave us subtle queues to let us know when we needed to do something and kept our guest engaged and cheery the whole time. Everyone loved listening to Mike and raved about how well they could hear him and how smoothly everything went. I think we will be getting compliments about our ceremony for a very long time.
We couldn’t be happier with the decision to have Mike there and would recommend him and Enduring Promises in a heartbeat!
Andrea and Jeff
We chose Enduring Promises and had Mike officiate our wedding! We could not have chosen a better person. Mike was amazing! He was so good and had an amazing balance between serious, lightness, laughter and so engaging with us and our guests.I received so many compliments from my guests saying how great he was too! He made the whole process easy and the meeting ahead of time was so useful.
There is no need to stress when using enduring promises they know what they are doing! The portal was great and had a lot of flexibility and great ideas. The team itself was great at responding and flexible with meeting times. Thank you for everything! Highly recommended!
Jacinta and Tyler
Mike Van Slingerland from Enguring Promises was our officiant and from our very first meeting, we were very impressed by his professionalism. His extensive experience as an officiant gave us great confidence that things will go smoothly and there was one less thing for us to worry about.
He offered great advice, which proved to be very helpful on our big day. Our friends and family also commented on how great he was, before, during and after the ceremony. He was very courteous, took the time to check in with us, make sure our nerves were calm, greeted our families, our bridal party, and made sure nothing was missed in the itinerary. Highly recommended
Eden and Nathan