Some things about Michael…
I know how personal and memorable your wedding celebration can be, and I would welcome the opportunity to assist you in creating a ceremony that is as unique and memorable as you both are.
My Personal Story
- I am licensed by the Province of Ontario and have been officiating weddings in the GTA since 1985.
- I was born in Kitchener and raised in Guelph, ON.
- I have a BSc. in Forestry from the University of Toronto, and a Doctor of Ministry from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary in Boston.
- I have lived in the Toronto area since 1975.
- In 1985, I married a truly amazing woman, Brigitte, who is a wedding planner, a piano teacher and my best friend.
- We have two children: A married son who lives in Toronto and a daughter who is pursuing a graduate degree at Ryerson University.
My Life Experiences:
- I worked with high-risk youth in downtown Toronto running a 6 day a week drop-in centre that averaged 150+ youth visits per day. We offered programs such as health care, employment training, meal services, arts, and life skills training.
- I am a certified life coach, primarily serving the non-profit sector.
My Interests and Passions:
- My favorite sports: Basketball, Golf
- My favorite interests: Reading, Fitness, Computers, Guitar
- My favorite things to do: Strolling along the boardwalk with my wife
- My favorite music: Songs my daughter writes
- My favorite foods: Steak, Asian food, Nuts…and Peanut Butter
What couples say about Michael…
Our Officiant and Enduring Promises are amazing. We were able to totally personalize our ceremony through their online Console. We found it very easy to use and whenever we had questions we were given a prompt response.
My husband and I felt our ceremony was in good hands with Michael and we had absolutely no worries for our big day. Our wedding day went perfectly and was everything we wanted. We had many guests commenting on how unique and personal our ceremony was and what a great job Michael did. Thank you for everything Michael and Enduring Promises.
Francesca and Shaun
Michael was amazing. He kept us calm & was very professional in his approach. We were confident all our ceremony and certificate needs would be taken care of. Meeting with Michael before our wedding was a big part of why we chose him.
Enduring Promises’ online ceremony tool is REALLY good. There are a lot of helpful suggestions for vows, readings etc that helps make the entire process much less stressful. The ability to provide the officiant with as much or little info as possible with the addition of suggestions is so crucial.
As a company – Enduring Promises are very fair and flexible. We found them highly affordable, and they had a wide range of officiants available for us to meet.
Jen and Nick
We are really glad we worked with Enduring Promises. Our officiant Michael was perfect for us. Meeting him months before, he presented himself with such a sense of calm and control that it was really refreshing to know the most important part of our day would be handled well.
Michael was very friendly and walked us through every aspect of our ceremony. The online portal was easy to use to input what we wanted to be said and where, and the suggestions for readings and other aspects were really helpful. On the day of, Michael was calm and patient, which was helpful when an entire limo full of our guests was late and he had to stay longer.
He maintained his composure in the hot sun, spoke calmly and loudly, and just really made us feel at ease for the whole ceremony. He also, while coming from a Christian background, never pressured us to add more religious elements than we wanted to, and understood and respected that throughout the process, which I really appreciated.
Kyla and Matthew