A little about me…
Congratulations on your engagement and your decision to get married!
I have worked with couples for many years and I would love to help you create a wonderful and personalized wedding ceremony that will be a reflection of your personalities and values and will be remembered by you and all your family and friends for many years.
I have been a licensed wedding Officiant for over 30 years, so I have lots of experience and I am very happy to be a part of the Enduring Promises Team. I have had the pleasure of helping hundreds of couples plan and prepare for one of the most special days in their lives, their wedding day. I am looking forward to meeting you both.
My Personal Story:
- I was born and raised in Montreal and I have always loved hockey, both playing and following the Habs. We have lived in Ontario for the past 32 years so I think it’s safe to call it home.
- I started out working in a research lab and was planning on being a chemist but got side tracked and ended up in sales for a Scientific Medical company.
- I graduated from EPBC and then Pastored a number of churches.
- I thoroughly enjoy working with couples helping them plan the best possible wedding day that will leave them and their families with wonderful memories.
- I have spent my life working with people, celebrating the wonderful times we all cherish. I care about people – the most important part of life.
- A few years back I spent 3 years working with leaders around the world and providing training and humanitarian aid. It was both a life changing and wonderful experience.
- I am married to my best friend and teammate – Pamela– and we love to travel.
- We have four grown kids, 4 grandchildren and more on the way I’m sure! They are truly our pride and joy.
- We also have a dog and a cat, Maggie and Taffie. My wife is a huge animal lover!
My Interests and Passions:
- I enjoy world of news, politics and financials and I enjoy following and trading stocks.
- I love to read and my wife and I both follow what’s happening locally and globally.
- I love aviation and would like to get my private pilots license
- I have followed many different sports but in recent years have stuck to hockey and football.
- I have played many sports including hockey, racquetball and squash.
What couples say about Gary…
My engaged experience was one full of ups and downs, but not for many of the same reasons other women experience. My husband as I got married for the first time on June 19th. Almost 3 months prior to the wedding date we had set and planned for for a year and half. We were going through the immigration process and the government had given us 30 days to prove our marriage.
Gary was the officiant we had chosen, we had decided to go with the preferred vendor of the venue we had chosen, and were we ever happy we did. We had had an introductory meeting with him in which he explained exactly what the process would be and how enduring promises worked. We loved the fact that we could customize our ceremony to exactly how we wanted it! It’s honestly amazing. And We already loved him. When we found out our situation was going to change, we reached our again for some guidance, support and advice. Gary spent hours on the phone with us, helping us through our situation. He was incredible, we don’t know what we would of done without his help and calming demeanour.
On the day of our wedding, August 24th, Gary was there with bells on, made Daniel and I feel comfortable and happy and excited. There isn’t another person I would have rather officiate our wedding, people are still asking who he was, they thought he had known us for years, he is loving and funny and personable. An amazing addition to our day.
Gary, thank you so much for everything!! Ensuring promises is wonderful and I would recommend them to ANYONE!
Olivia and Daniel
We cannot say enough good things about our officiant Gary Nettleship.
Not only is he one of the most organized and calming people we’ve met but he’s also genuinely such a good person. We are so thrilled with how our ceremony and ceremony planning went. We have been told it’s one of the best ceremonies that a lot of our guests have been to and that was hugely in part due to Gary’s amazing officiating skills!
The first day we met with Gary we knew he was going to be perfect! Throughout the planning process he showed us how to use the online planning console and after we entered anything into the console he was always checking on it to see if he could make any recommendations which were all amazing and very helpful. It truly was the most stress free process for us throughout our wedding planning experience but brides, know that it has the potential to be one of the most stressful so make sure you book Gary if you can!! He books up fast so try and book him before someone else does! You will not regret it we promise!!
Thank you Gary for everything truly you were fabulous!! We will continue to sing your praises.
Kim and Mark
Gary from Enduring Promises was an absolutely amazing officiant for our wedding day and we couldn’t have asked for anything more. The way he made us all so comfortable and enjoy the ceremony was so nice.
Words can’t really express how much happiness he added to our day. He also made the process easy! For our first introduction meeting, he met us halfway between our location and his to get to know us, and discuss the process with us.
I was anxious leading up to the wedding day but his calming nature and reassurance made everything so easy and nice! I would definitely recommend Gary and Enduring Promises to any bride looking for a great officiant as I know it can be a daunting task!
Jenna and Christian
My husband and I used Enduring Promises for our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with our choice. Since we live in New York, my parents attended the open house held by the venue to introduce couples to vendors they recommend in Toronto. My parents met Gary and instantly liked his personality and professionalism. Their website really helped guide us through creating the perfect ceremony and it was very easy to use. We definitely suggest doing a rehearsal because everything was well planned and went smoothly.
Working with Gary was Incredible and having his opinion was great. I highly recommend using Enduring Promises for your wedding!
Amanda and Elliot