February 10, 2012
Valentine’s Day is so much more than a date on the calendar. It’s a time when couples express their unconditional love for one another and celebrate the life they share. But why should this day of romance and friendships be limited to one day, one week or even for one month?
Celebrating February 14th as an engaged couple can be romantic and exciting opportunity for you to do some “advance” wedding planning. For couples about to be married, Valentine’s Day can set the tone of your relationship and mark the beginning of a lifelong adventure.
Here are some ways that will not only help you plan and celebrate February 14th, but help create a romantic honeymoon;
- Shower your partner with presents throughout the week prior to Valentine’s. It could be a small chocolate on their pillow every night for a week or a voucher for a back rub. Remember the best gifts are always the ones that make your partner feel special. It doesn’t have to be a physical gift; it could be a smile, a hug or an unexpected kiss.
- Speaking of kisses, doesn’t it make sense to practice your “wedding kiss” on Valentine’s Day? Start kissing softly, gently, and then add a little humor. In any event, it’s a great way to spend an hour or two – after all, practice makes perfect.
- Send a card, love letter or poetry. The act of expressing your love for one another on paper can heighten the romance as you remember all the reasons you fell in love with each in the first place. A week before Valentine’s, hide a card or letter in a place you know your love will find it. If you are in a long-distance relationship or don’t live together, mail your partner one each day for seven days.
- Lingerie is a popular Valentine’s Day gift. But add to the romance by picking out something that you’d like to see your partner wear on your wedding night
- Make a commitment to do one thing together each day before Valentine’s. It doesn’t have to be romantic or expensive, just being together talking and listening (read as a night without the TV on) is sometimes the best gift you can give one another. A heartfelt sentiment can often mean more than an elaborate gift!
When you take the time to create a special moment, it’s something that will last a lifetime. So during your Valentine week celebrations make your engagement even more memorable by take time to enjoy this “special time” with that “special someone” with those “special gifts”.
Follow along at our blog. We post lots of content that will help you create your perfect, hopefully stress-free, wedding day.
Go, check out our Tips and Suggestions and we’ll catch up with you next time!