December 27, 2011
The music you choose allows you to share your emotions with your guests; helps to unite the various parts of your ceremony and sets the tone and atmosphere for your Special Day. It is a representation of your personalities as well as a reflection of your dreams and aspirations. So make your wedding ceremony truly personal by choosing music that will give your guests a unique sound experience and that will be remembered for a long time.
Couples often find that choosing their ceremony music is more difficult than first imagined. Classical, contemporary, eclectic, rock, rap…so many choices. It could take hours to choose just the right music to enhance and enrich the different components of your ceremony. However, choosing your ceremony music doesn’t have to be a torturous or difficult experience if you consider some of the following:
- If your wedding has a specific wedding theme (for example, beach, seasonal, ethnic, etc.) choose music to match your theme.
- Beware of choosing songs which are trendy and popular at the moment. It’s more important that you choose a music that is meaningful to you both.
- Discussing the music with your DJ or musicians as soon as possible in advance gives them more time to accommodate any special requests. This will also give you time to review your song selections and make any changes as time goes on.
- Plan your ceremony highlighting the occasions that require specific wedding music (e.g. the Processional, the Signing of the License, the Recessional, etc.) and which moments simply require background music (The Prelude, the reception meal, etc.).
- Browse the extensive list of wedding songs that are available online. Most of the musical event websites contain extensive libraries of wedding songs to choose from.
The input and suggestions received from others, coupled with your own preferences, can only help to make your ceremony music more memorable and will provide you with fond memories for the rest of your life.
Follow along at our blog. We post lots of content that will help you create your perfect, hopefully stress-free, wedding day.
Go, check out our Tips and Suggestions and we’ll catch up with you next time!