February 27, 2013
The way couples are choosing to celebrate their wedding day is changing quickly and dramatically. Here are a few of trends we expect to see grow even more popular over the course of the year:
- Technology will continue to increase its presence in the way couples share their Special Day with family and friends around the world. Live streaming will continue to grow in popularity. It’s a wonderful way to include guests who just can’t make it in person. Look for more couples to live stream their weddings once they know that it is a viable option. Online tools, apps and social media have empowered couples with a wide range of creative ideas and options that have not been available in the past.
- Receptions are becoming more fun with interactive games and entertainment. Couples are hiring everything from food trucks, to dance instructors, characture artists and magicians. Food trucks offer every type of food you can imagine from gourmet hotdogs to homemade ice cream. It’s a fun way for your guests to enjoy a unique midnight snack that they will talk about at the next wedding they attend.
- The economy will play a larger role in the way couple plan for their big day and what they expect from their vendors. If the economy remains flat, we will see smaller and more intimate weddings as the focus will emphasize quality not quantity.
- DIY will continue to grow in popularity. Couples will choose projects that are more advanced skill wise than just making table centre pieces. In the past the focus has been on the cost savings of DIY projects. But with the growth of YouTube videos, couples are tackling more challenging and sophisticated projects to make their wedding more personal, unique and pocket-book friendly.
- Contemporary couples are focusing more and more on celebrating their special day, their way – without the “political white noise” which usually surrounds a wedding. Couples will choose to eliminate traditions, (i.e. a park celebration in lieu of a church ceremony, the white wedding gown without pockets, large wedding parties, etc.) for more simple and intimate gatherings, truly reflecting their personalities and desires.
As always, follow along at our blog. We post lots of content that will help you create your perfect, hopefully stress-free, wedding day.
Go, check out our Tips and Suggestions and we’ll catch up with you next time!